We need volunteers to help out after school, Monday through Thursday, tutoring children and serving prepared meals provided by Dare to Care, in our Kids Cafe. To help out, schedule your visit online:
Open Hand Kitchen
Our Open Hand Kitchen is open 365 days a year. We serve hot meals at noon and 5pm daily.
In addition, volunteers assist customers in our Food Pantry Tuesday and Thursday mornings.
- To Volunteer in the OHK, Food Pantry, or in other areas of our campus:
- Contact Donna Young at (502) 301-8688;
We always need help gathering quality, used donations for our four Thrift Stores. Besides donating items yourself, there are two programs where you and your friends can get together to assist us in maintaining our inventory of merchandise:
- The Tag-A-Door Program is designed to increase much needed donations for our Thrift Stores. Volunteer groups place door-hanger flyers requesting donations for our Thrift Stores in the neighborhoods of their choice. These flyers provides each household with directions to place their donations on their door step on a designated date. Volunteers return to accept these donations of clothing, small household items, etc., and then deliver these goods to one of our stores.
- The Fill-A-Truck program is another great way to help our Thrift Stores. St. Vincent de Paul will coordinate on-site clothing and furniture drives for organizations, local businesses, churches, and schools. We’ll provide flyers — and even the truck for your event!
- Contact: Wanda Selph at (502) 589-7837; firstname.lastname@example.org.