We are opening space for an artist in residency at St. Vincent de Paul Louisville’s transitional housing program for those impacted by domestic violence. While the artist will not have dedicated studio space, the artist will have space to lock up belongings and space to create during studio hours.
This residency is supported by the National Society of St. Vincent de Paul. We are incredibly grateful to the National Society for their encouragement of this program.
For a three-month period, the artist receives the following:
- Space to create art,
- Locked space to store supplies,
- A stipend of $3,000, and
- A budget of $1,000 for supplies to be used during the residency.
The artist commits to the following:
- 10 hours of open studio hours per week,
- Completion of workshops in a 3-month period, and
- Cooperation in administering a survey to residents who participate in open studio hours or workshops.
The artist will be working with adults and children who have experienced trauma and will receive training to better work with this population.
Click here for the application for acceptance into the program.
If you have any questions, you may contact Beth Haendiges at email@example.com or 502-301-8670.