Position Description: Enrichment Class Instructor
Purpose: To form partnerships with individuals and businesses in our community to provide students at the Family Success Center access to instruction in a diverse variety of topics. Enrichment classes are intended to inspire creativity, build confidence, teach useful life skills, and encourage students to take an interest in activities and communities outside of school. We are especially looking for individuals to teach courses in dance, sewing/crafting, community service and civics, life skills, nutrition and healthy lifestyles, and study skills.
- Work with the staff at the Family Success Center to design an 8-week course for students in grades K-8
- Teach a 60 minute class 1-2 days per week for 8 weeks. The classes are taught Monday to Thursday between 5-6pm.
- Communicate with the programming VISTA regularly regarding the necessary materials for classes and make plans to have them ready for class.
- Arrive on time for class and be prepared to teach for the full 60 minutes.
- Keep children engaged and encourage them to take an interest in the class.
- Must be at least 18 years of age and have high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must have experience teaching or working in the field of the topic of the course.
- Formal teaching experience or training is a benefit.
- Must enjoy working with kids and be cognizant of the challenges one can encounter working with children from low-income communities.
- Must demonstrate compassion and desire to empower children to reach their full potential.
- If not affiliated with an organization or company that teaches the topic, please provide two references that can speak to the instructor’s character and ability to teach the topic.
- Must complete an online child safety course.
Time Commitment: The instructor is expected to commit to teaching for 60 minutes 1-2 days per week for 8 weeks. Classes are taught from 5-6pm on Monday to Thursday. If the instructor has a prior commitment during this time, this must be discussed during the application process.
Benefits: The cost of all necessary materials required to teach the course will be covered by the Family Success Center. A stipend can be negotiated to reimburse instructor for his or her time.
Supervision: The enrichment class instructor will report to the Program Manager and Assistant Program Director at the Family Success Center. In addition, the instructor will maintain regular contact with the Programming VISTA via email, phone, or in person.
For more information, please contact Jessie Walsh at (502) 301-8692 or firstname.lastname@example.org